Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? The snorkeling with a wetsuit in Silfra, Iceland is amazing. This glacial spring located in the hearth of a Unesco World Heritage Park is a unique place in the world with freshwater visibility overpassing the 50 meters range. We provide full equipment and instructions to keep warm while in the water. Wetsuits keep you warm by restrictively filling with a thin layer of water which heats up to body temperature in just a couple minutes time. Slim Fit look and a better flexibility we have awesome equipment for this conditions.
Join us, and discover why snorkeling in Iceland is unlike anywhere else in the world. Thanks to the uniqueness of the climate in Iceland this activity is available all year. The water is 36F or 2C year round and during the light hours, due to the extreme cleanness of the lava rock filtration system, the vibrant colors of this site come alive in a great show of blues greens and browns that will amaze your sight.
Everything you need to snorkel safely and comfortably in Iceland is included. All guests are outfitted with full, 2 piece 9mm Scorpena Yamamoto neoprene wetsuits, hoods, socks mask, snorkel and gloves. If you use glasses you should bring contact lens or your own prescription mask. You will receive complete instruction, in water supervision and 45 minutes in the water guided glacial snorkeling tour conducted by our experienced instructor’s guides. No previous experience needed but you should be able to swim and be relaxed in the water. Hot beverages and some snacks are also included.
You should bring a towel, a swimsuit or shorts to wear under the wetsuit and an extra pair of socks. The socks help the wetsuit slip on and off easier and also keep your feet a bit warmer. We do provide secure storage for all of your belongings and weather elements protected dressing area.
Silfra is truly once in a lifetime experience! National Geographic describes Silfra as one of the top dive sites in the world. Find out for yourself as you glide between tectonic plates diving on pure, filtered glacial meltwater. This is the ultimate bucket list trip. Only available in Iceland.
Come and join us in this great fun activity. Possible to combine Drysuit and Wetsuit tour together with Iceland-Explore if your other half or friends are not so keen into wearing a wetsuit
Meet on Location only
- A 9mm Wetsuit and other snorkeling equipment that will keep you warm and comfortable.
- Small-Group Guarantee – 6 person max per guide
- One of the world’s top dive sites.
- Enjoy snorkelling between the American and European continental plates
- Beautiful surrounding area of the Thingvellir UNESCO world heritage site.
- Crystal clear waters – amazing underwater visibility
- Free photos from the tour
- Small-groups & personal experience
- Certified PADI Master Instructor
- Hot drinks and cookies after the trip
What You Can Expect
Availability: All year.
Meeting point: Silfra parking lot | Park your car at P5 parking lot at Thingvellir and walk back to the parking lot where the snorkeling/diving vans are (see photo below under “meeting point”)
GPS: Latitude: 64.255739 – Longitude: –21.124083
Meeting time: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Bring with you: Thick socks, contact lenses if you wear glasses & a towel.
Group size: 6 persons per guide.
Duration: 2-3 hours (you will be in the water for around 30-40 minutes)
Included: Guided snorkeling tour, free photos, snorkeling equipment, hot drinks & cookies after the trip and Silfra entrance fee.
To be able to do this tour, you have to be able to comply with the following requirements:
- Be comfortable in the water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English or have an interpreter with you at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- You must be a maximum of 65 years of age to participate in this tour.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
- Snorkelling Gear
- Heated Changing Room Area
- Professional Guide
- Hot Beverages
- Cookies and Candys
- National Park Silfra Fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Dress code is Warm
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- Fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event